Well my friends…. I will not bore you with another post of my smokin/grillin/bbquin shennanigans. At this time let us go South of the border. In honor of Cinco De Mayo, (cause you know since I lived in San Diego for 14 years I know a little about Mexican food), I present to you my salsa. I call this “So Good It Hurts.” It is a very simple recipe. Now, truth be told, I really have no clue how to cook Mexican food, but I know what tastes good and have tried plenty of salsa’s in my day. Have no fear this stuff was not made in New York City.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 large white onion
- 2 large jalapeno’s (depending on your tolerance to heat you can add more jalapeno if you want. Make sure you include all the seeds and insides of the jalapeno when dicing)
- 1 habanero pepper (come on suck it up buttercup and just go with it)
- 1-2 lime’s
- 2 Avocado’s (For this go round I did not have any ripe ones, but they add a great taste to the recipe)
- 1/2 Cilantro bunch
- salt and pepper to taste
(if you can’t handle the heat add a little sugar to the mix)
2. Cut up 1 – 2 limes and squeeze over all of the above
4. Throw in a little kosher salt and some black pepper
You can serve right away if need be. However, I find it better if you throw it in the fridge for a little bit and serve cold. Gives all the ingredients a chance to mesh together so that you get a tasty bite every time. Seems as though it also gives time for the peppers to really marinate and gets that mouth wanting more while screaming for something to put out the fire. In my opinion that is the definition of a great salsa: One that tastes so good while eating it, but as soon as you stop you need to call the fire department to put out the flames.
Now run along now and go make this salsa. It’s “So Good It Hurts!” You will thank me later….. Just remember to have plenty of toilet paper at the ready…..lmao
Until Next Time,